Sunday, September 27, 2009

still sickly/la capital otra vez!

Hiiii...so I ended up not going to a single class this week. Felt fine on wednesday but my resident director didnt want me to risk it (probably a good call). Then just bopped around doing nothing again on thurs, that night hung out with friends. Friday I went back to the doctor and basically learned that an amoeba is scraping the insides of my intestines causing blood and scary things, the doctor made it seem really scary and worrisome, but then she said it was okay if I went to Santo Domingo that same day. She prescribed me another medication to protect my organs (that totals up to four different pills a day!!) And I can't eat fat, vegetables, or lots of flour aka NOTHING. My mom hasn't been home all weekend and there is no fruit so all I have been eating is rice and juice...
I saw Allison on Friday! Because I was at the retarded clinic from 9 until 1 in the afternoon, I got to the bus station at 2 30 and that bus was full so I had to wait until the 330 bus which meant I didnt get to la capital until 6 30 or so! (It was late). My original plan was to stay there for the day and then return early in the morning and go to the beach. But no way. We hung out, and let me tell you, I am so glad I have guy friends I go out with. When you are an all girl group it is seriously every 10 seconds someone is trying to get your attention.
Me and allie still had fun though, and it was really nice being able to talk to someone who actually knows you for real. I feel like I really need to write a post about all the cultural observations I am taking. For next time, hopefully I will discuss how literally all the taboo subjects in America: religion, politics, gender roles, the way people look--is not taboo here. All out in the open. Let's hope I can fight off the amoeba!

No comments:

Post a Comment