Thursday, September 10, 2009

Claaaass.......

Finally done with my week of classes. Ughh. So tues I felt like crap. I had to go into downtown to do a project for my semiar class which was to take 3 photos we found obvious, and three we found to be curious. We were assigned to go to the municipal cemetary and omg it was so cool! Like seriously a mini city. Because of the water table/the fact that the soil isnt very deep, people are usually buried mausoleum style, not in grave graves. So there were all these structures and there were actually like cobblestoned streets among them, it was nuts. But I didnt get to fully enjoy it because the whole time I was nervous I was going to faint or throw up on someone's dead relative... I dont know I think the heat is getting to me. Thankfully it was a lot cooler today than it has been but man! So yeah I had a killer headache and my stomache felt like I'd been punched. So I get home around 6 and tell my mom I cant come with her to this cultural talk about (I think) Arabs and the middle east? I try to rest and I feel a bit better. Talk to my MOMMIE!
Then Tuesday nights here are movies for only 50 pesos, so at 9 30 I went to see the hangover (finally!). The spanish title is qué pasó anoche (what happened last night) hahhaa, just another night for dominicans. So that was fun, hung out with my friends for a little while after which was a bad decision because I had to read a short story in spanish and make an entire powerpoint presentation in spanish and write a thing in spanish aaaah. So when i woke up the next morning at 9 30 I was pretty much busy until 9 that night when my classes ended. uugh. So after all that hard work, I, of course, deserved an award.
Went out with my friends. I usually chill with this girl almost in my neighborhood but not quite (michelle) she has dominican parents/grandparents and is really good at spanish and awesome, Benjamin (pronounced the spanish way of course) who is so sweet and lives down the street from me, his host brother Bolí who seriously goes out almost every night, therefore all of us go out quite a bit, Jorge, another dominican who also lives with Ben and Bolí but he is not related to Bolí he is just from another town, so stays with them during the school year, aaaand last but not least, Laura! She is from Virginia and super cute and blonde and we are both goofy together and have lots of fun. So thats a little break down of the usual suspects, at least the ones that are the nightlife scene. I also have Rachael who is awesome and from the Seattle area too and I love her, she definitely needs to have a convo with Cliff about vegans and environmentalism (although she is not a vegan here/she will tell you her views are complicated) She's really smart and opinonated and we have all the same classes, so yes, we hang out lots and she is the one I was doing the obvi/curious photos with!
Anyways not sure what I will do tonight, probably dance the night away. Then tomorrow should be really cool we are going to the Mirabal Sister's museum (I will just explain that story in the next post), lets just say it is from the Trujillo era. And then on sat/sun I am going to the beeeeach!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment