Monday, October 19, 2009

los charcos, cortar de pelo!

Hello people who supposedly read this,
Thursday night was chocolate chip cookie night, it was delicious and very filling. The next day we were all up early to meet at puerta II at 8:00 in the morning to go to the 27 charcos! I had been anticipating this trip from the very beginning of my stay here. I had read about it in the lonely planet and it was described as one of the favorite activities of everyone. So what it is is a series of pools (charcos) and waterfalls you climb up them, helped by very muscely guides (they seriously launched me into the air) and then you get to jump off cliffs into the pools and slide down naturally formed water slides!! It is sooo beautiful. The pictures I have I got off the internet because obviously I couldn't exactly bring my digital camera. The colors are not exaggerated. The water looks like that, and better. The rocks in the shallow parts have beautifully colored algae (or something). Blue-green is definitely my favorite color.
So, that was thrilling. Then went and hung with the homies. The next day went shopping and got yogen fruz--I don't think I have talked about yogen fruz yet!--It is the BEST THING EVER. Basically it is frozen yogurt that you can choose up to three fruits to go in it, but that does not describe the magic it creates with your taste buds. It is orgasmic, I have no idea why it isn't in the US. Then at four I got my hair cut! Its super short, below you can see what it looks like both straightened and curly. That night hung out with the homies again, as you can see. Also rode my first motorcycle, sooo fun, I don't know why I've never done that before...
Sunday chillaxed with Laura at la plaza internacional, got bon (yogen fruz) again, and went and saw the worst movie ever. Do not see the Time Traveller's Wife, I repeat, do NOT see it. Definitely should have stayed a book.
Ok, love you guys!

straight hair!
you swim through there and then climb up
charco
curly!
Michelle, me, Luana, Boli, Ben

3 comments:

  1. Where are you located? There are some in the US and apparently growing! http://www.yogenfruz.com use the store finder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gotta say- your hair always freaks me out when its straight. It looks so much better curly! I really do like the cut. I wish I could have come to 27 Charcos with you- sounds like so much fun (and looks it too). Maybe some day you'll show me around your old stomping grounds...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pics and I love your hair!!! Miss you! And i love reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete