Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Returning...

So I am back in the US now. As of the 23rd. Left on the 21st, but not before I had a few more new experiences in the DR. Went to a maƱanita (early morning) which is basically there is a truck with huge speakers in the back blaring music and literally hundreds of cars behind with people all piled inside or on top playing music too. Everyone is drinking and dancing in the backs of trucks. The normal ones people go around waking their friends up and they join in too. But the one we went to was the horse one so there are literally over a hundred horses in the street SO SCARY, but so fun too! We ran from car to car. Pretty cool. Saw Avatar in spanish! ahhh so cool! Had my last empanada...so sad. I couldnt believe i was leaving, and I still cant believe im here instead of there.
I left on the 21st my flight was delayed two hours, which made it impossible for me to catch my connection at JFK, the earliest flight they could find was for the next morning at 8 25, so I spent my third night in JFK. I hate that airport. Never again. First thing I noticed about America is how fast everyone was walking. Granted, I was in an airport so obviously people are walking even faster, but jeez!! Then, of course, the cold. ahhhh. Also how big everything is, just the expanse of the road and the houses. Nothing is smooshed together. There is almost no trash. Everything is very clean. It was weird hearing english. I need to find someone to speak spanish with soon before I forget it all!
Yes, I already really miss the dominican republic. Everything here seems so cold and dead in comparison, I know it is winter, but man. I cant belive I still have a whole other adventure to do in Chile. eee.

No comments:

Post a Comment