Wednesday, August 19, 2009

El número de teléfono!

Hi Everyone!
Today we first had a seminar on "living and learning in the DR" which was fine. Oh, but before that I had a delicious breakfast of hot chocolate (yes in like 90 degree weather) a sandwich with melted cheese and some time of thin meat, and TWO mangos, but mind you they were tiny like not even fist size. Then went home for lunch, which was also deliciosa.
After that we met up with los estudiantes de apoyo, which are students from the PUCMM who help exchange students. They were super nice and we got split up into smaller groups to tour Santiago. We went to la calle del sol, which is the main street with all the shops, we also went to plaza internacional which is where a lot of students go because it has wireless internet, air conditioning plus lots of shopping and a movie theater. We got cell phones there for like 16 bucks. MY NUMBER IS: 809-924-3806. If you get a calling card for latin america it is pretty cheap to call, like maybe 18 cents a minute...and it is free for me. So MOM call me por favor! After that we went to the monument which is huge in the middle of the city and also exchanged money.
Tomorrow is the language level exam. I dont really care if I get placed into level I but I would prefer level II. Okay, love everyone I hope my phone rings...

2 comments:

  1. the food you're having sounds good! i'll try to get a calling card soon!

    ps. i like that our blogs have the same background template!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Calling was easy. Need the special cell phone calling card-eay on line thru Nobel.
    Love ya
    mom
    ps watched Mamma mia with Cliff!

    ReplyDelete